Accepting submissions from artists in the East Bay | San Francisco Bay Area | Oakland | Alameda | Berkeley & surrounding areas.
ArtPush (AKA known as Studio 23) organizes art for several different venues. Please be sure you are following the instructions for the correct venue.
Current Call For Art:
-Studio 23 takes 30% commission so price with that in mind.
-Opening Reception: Friday, October 27th
– Form Submission Deadline: October 10th
-Painting Drop-off: October 15th 2:30pm
LED Sculptures / Outdoor Indoor setup in lot day-of-show Fri Oct 27th – we will coordinate with staging areas based on time and space.
– Closing Reception Friday, December 8th
-Pick-Up: Dec 8th after closing, 9pm
Studio 23 will be hosting the East Bay Artists Exhibit and ArtPush Fundraiser for their 10 year Anniversary Closing Reception.
– Artworks will be shown at galleries Studio 23, 3 Dot Art Gallery & The Red Door.
Important Date Change!
Studio 23’s Open Studio
Join us Friday’s at 7PM For The Friday Art Walk IN PERSON!
IMPORTANT: Starting December 2023 the galleries will be open on 2nd Fridays only!
Studio 23 Gallery Open Studio: We encourage artists to bring their recent project and make some art with us. That is where we are at right now, getting back to what we love. We have large tables, water, access to a sink and plenty of room outside to spread out. Let’s make art together outside before it gets too cold! If you have any questions email us at [email protected]
Visit the 2nd Friday Art Walk Facebook Page for details on all Alameda and Jingletown Art Shows. Also be sure to check out WABA & The Point! There are a lot of amazing things happening in Alameda right now.
2nd Friday Art Talks are temporarily on break while we make new plans.
VIEW THE LATEST TALK!
- Gallery Artists must be present at their opening reception.
- Work will be displayed for the duration of that particular show.
- Number of pieces is specified per show, locations are determined by size.
- We accept sculpture, installation, interactive, photography and all visual art for gallery shows.
- Only original work on the walls. No prints unless otherwise arranged.
- If your work has been selected please include an artist bio at drop off.
- If showing at the gallery do not include your personal venmo information on the bio or tags. The work is sold through the gallery.
- If showing at local businesses like Fireside or Alameda Island Brewing Company then you will want to include your venmo information on your tags and bio. They work is sold through each individual artist.
AGE: Any place serving alcohol, artists will need to be 21 and up. Studio 23 Gallery has a “Junior Spotlight” that allows for those under 18 to submit.
- Most original work typically sells for under $500. There are exceptions, but most sales are between $75 and $150. If you are expecting to sell your work for over $1000 then this is probably the wrong venue. Note: We also do occasionally have sculpture, special exhibit and installation work priced over the average price range.
- Studio 23 Gallery takes 30%, no holding fee.
- ArtPush locations like Fireside and Alameda Island Brewing Co. require a $25 holding fee, no commission is taken.
How to apply and submit digital submissions for an upcoming show:
Digital Submissions = Photograph of work in jpg format through the Application Form.
For your work to be considered for an upcoming show it will need to be gallery ready before the drop off date. See more about how to be “Gallery Ready”.
If you have already read the guidelines and are ready to apply visit: Application Form
*Not following the instructions below may cause your work to not be considered.
Digital File Specs (aka your submissions through the Application Form.)
For each piece you would like to submit please include: ‘Artist’, ‘Title’ ‘Medium’ and ‘Size’ & ‘Price’ directly in the file name when saving your image.
Note: Digital submissions should remain 72dpi and under 8×10 in size, please do not send us GIANT files, try to keep them under 3MB each. A standard digital photo from a smart phone is usually around this size. .jpg format please.
Note: Please remember to name your jpegs appropriately.
Gallery Ready: How to prepare artwork for display
This step is ONLY for approved submissions.
All artwork for openings, receptions & special events must be provided Gallery Ready:
* Ready to hang with wires, hardware, properly attached. All wall pieces must have a strong hanging wire or other hanging mechanism attached to the back.
* If it is on canvas and not framed, usually the sides will be painted.
* Photographs & Digital Art must be at a minimum 300dpi, framed and ready to hang.
(No 72 dpi or low res images please. Make sure you are using the raw file.)
Note: Artwork submitted incorrectly may be eliminated from the show even if you have been approved via email. It is hard for us to always determine if your work is gallery ready via email.
——————–End Gallery Ready Section—————————-
(This section does not apply to Studio 23 Gallery art shows!)
Follow the individual instructions per Call For Art. Some locations use wire and hook and others use nail and hammer method. Make sure you know!
If hanging your own work:
- Always align the tops of your work and keep spacing in-between the work equal.
- Place your tag to the bottom right corner of your frame/art.
- Make sure your bio and payment information is placed in a highly visible area.
Create Tags and Print Forms
This step is only taken if… your work has been accepted for a show.
All artwork must first be submitted via application form, see instructions above.
* For accepted artworks, completed tags should be dropped off (or hung when applicable) with your artwork. * Two tags for each piece submitted. One will stay on the back of the painting, one will go on the wall next to it.
* Lightly tape both tags to the back of your work. Blue painters tape works best.
* Forms (Waivers) must be signed. See link below.
* Studio 23 Gallery is the only venue that takes 30% commission on artwork. Note: Please make sure you consider the Studio’s 30% when pricing.
* ArtPush public location rotations require a $25 holding fee, no commission is taken.
* ArtPush public location art requires Venmo or Paypal sign with payment information and a cell number where the buyer can reach you. These locations do not sell your work for you. You are in charge of collecting your own money and getting the art to the buyer. Each call for art has specified instructions.
Q: How much should I price my work?
A: Artwork prices vary. The majority of our art sells between the range of $80-$150. However, work has sold for as much as $1300. If you want your work to move, price accordingly. We have, but typically do not show work priced over $2000.
The only prints allowed would be high quality, signed, framed giclée’s.
*Note: If you have been accepted for a show, please be sure to bring your artist bio. Bios are prepared differently depending on the location, be sure to read your call for art instructions.
The Studio 23 space is available to rent for classes, solo exhibits and special events.
To rent the gallery space please send all inquiries to [ art at alamedaartists dot com ] w/ subject “Rent Studio 23 Space”.
Please provide us with as much detail about your event as possible. Someone will get back to you shortly.
Email: art at alamedaartists dot com (Preferred method of contact)
Snail Mail: 2309B Encinal Ave. Alameda, CA 94501
2022 Call For Art: ATTN #eastbay #bayarea #oakland #sanfrancisco #berkeley #alameda
Thanks for your interest in showing with ArtPush
Before submitting to a show please review the submission guidelines.
Here is a rough outline of our upcoming annual shows at Studio 23 Gallery.
Friday Open Studios: This is a new and loosely put together show of artists in the community.
100 UNDER 100: 1st Sunday of July
Alameda Summer Art Fair & Maker Market vendors: 1st SUNDAY, JULY
Halloween Blacklight Art Show: Usually held the Saturday before Halloween
East Bay Art Book: https://artpush.org/east-bay-art-book-2021/
Other shows TBA