To submit your artwork to AIBC please view submission instructions.
What you need to know:
- Artwork rotates every 2 months, also see http://www.alamedaartists.com/calendar/
- Artists are responsible for hanging and pulling down their own work. Studio 23 will notify you when it is time to hang/pull.
- All hanging requires hook and wire method. If you are not sure how to prepare your work, Google it, there are a ton of great how-to videos. Work not properly prepared, will not be allowed on the wall.
- Administration & Holding Fee: $25. To be paid only after you have been confirmed by Studio 23. *Your $25 Holding fees go directly to non-profit ArtPush.org to support art in your community.
Artist Debi Ling
The holding fee is an investment towards your space, a commitment that you will indeed show with us on the months you agree to. It takes time to find and coordinate artists. If we have someone drop out, it takes even more time to try to scramble to find a replacement.
The holding fee pays for the time we put into promoting the Call For Art, website maintenance, managing calendars and data spreadsheets. In addition we often help promote the location, the artist and the event. See more details regarding this specifically below.
If the $25 fee makes showing your work impossible, please feel free to discuss this with us so we can work something out with you.
*Your $25 Holding fees go directly to non-profit ArtPush.org to support art in your community.
Hanging Fee due date: 2 Months prior to your confirmed show. Payable via Paypal or Venmo, you will receive this information after your work has been approved.
What you will need to bring with you to hang:
- Please be sure to bring your own hanging supplies.
- Signed Artist Agreement Form. Place in an envelope and mark the outside… Exampe: Sept/Oct Artist Agreement for Jennah.
* Give this to someone at the bar to pass on to Jennah.
- Send your contact information to Studio 23 via email. Email, URL, Social Media, Cell Phone, Address.
- Framed and/or printed bio to hang with work.
- Painting Information Tags.
- How To Purchase This Art Sign. Sell your work right on the spot! Feel free to put your venmo or paypal information and/or your cell phone directly on your bio or tags. Please bring in new art to replace any sold work.
Marketing your work: Optional, but recommended
- Be sure to use social media to market your work.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Tumbler are just a few locations to promote your exhibit. #alamedaartists #AIBCART #eastbayart #AlamedaIslandBrewingCompany #ArtPush #ArtPushOrg
- If you have an opening, create an official event page using Facebook and invite all of your friends through the event page’s invite button.
- Ask Alameda Island Brewery to add your exhibit and/or show to their website, and any email blasts they send out.
- You can also have postcards created. If you want help designing a postcard visit jessicawarren.net.
Studio 23 will help you market your show.
- We feature Alameda Island Brewing Company’s Artist in our email blast that goes out to over 2000 local art lovers (When applicable).
- Your art will be featured on Digifli, a community digital bulletin board (When applicable).
- To reach even more people please friend us on Facebook so we can help you promote your exhibit.
- We share your work on social media. Feel free to tag us in related posts. @artpushorg @studio23gallery
- Join our art group on Facebook where we post ongoing art events in the Alameda area. facebook.com/groups/alamedaartists
Selling your work:
It is your job to sell your work. Be sure to have your proper contact and payment information on the wall. You can choose to allow someone to take it with them if they’ve paid, but do not leave a blank spot on the wall. Be sure to replace your sold piece asap. Work sells better if you do it on the spot, if someone is interested don’t wait. However this is just a suggestion, if you prefer you can arrange to meet a client in person. If you choose to arrange a sale over the phone and/or email, feel free to use the following method.
1. Put your phone number up on your tags and bio that accompanies your work.
2. Put your Paypal email, Venmo info (or w/e $ src you use) on your price tags and bio.
3. Once the client’s payment has gone through allow them to remove your work to take home on-the-spot.
- You can arrange the entire sale over your cell phone, just do not allow the patron to take the work until you see the payment has cleared!
- Please come in asap to replace the empty spot.
- Alameda Island Brewing Company, Studio 23 & ArtPush are not responsible for stolen or damaged property.
Opening Reception: ( Optional)
AIBC allows artists to have an opening reception. You are in charge of putting it together. If you have special requests, then be sure to clear it with AIBC first. And obviously DO NOT bring any drinks or booz! Doing so competes with AIBC sales.
Once you have the date(s) confirmed you can request AIBC to post your event on their website. You can also send it to Studio 23 for additional help with promotion.
Best of luck and have a great exhibit!